- Published Apr 25th
Hearty Turkey Soup with Parsley Dumplings Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Hearty Turkey Soup with Parsley Dumplings for 8 servings:
- 1 picked over turkey carcass
- 12 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 5 carrots
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small rutabaga, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked turkey, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 slices white bread, quartered
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Hearty Turkey Soup with Parsley Dumplings Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Hearty Turkey Soup with Parsley Dumplings easily:
- 1 Combine turkey carcass, water, 1 cup celery, 2 carrots, onion, 2 teaspoons salt, thyme, bouillon, and bay leaf in large 4 quart stockpot. Bring to boiling. Lower heat, and cover. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Strain stock, and discard solids. Skim off fat using ladle or fat separator. Pick meat off bones when cooled. Reserve meat.
- 2 Combine 6 tablespoons flour and 1/2 cup milk in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake to combine. Pour stock into pot. Bring to simmering. Strain flour mixture through sieve into stock, stirring.
- 3 Slice remaining 3 carrots. Add rutabaga, ground pepper, remaining 1/2 cup celery, and sliced carrots. Simmer 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- 4 While the soup is simmering, prepare the dumplings. Combine parsley and bread in processor; whirl until medium size crumbs. Add 1 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; process just until combined. Add 1/2 cup milk and butter; process using on-off pulses just until blended.
- 5 Drop mounded tablespoons of dumpling mixture into simmering soup. Place cover on pot. Cook for 12 minutes, or until dumplings are dry in center. Add turkey meat; cook 3 minutes, or until heated through.
Per Serving: 404 calories; 16.7 grams of fat; 32.2 grams of carbohydrates; 29.9 grams of protein; 91 milligrams of cholesterol; 1067 milligrams of sodium.