Light-tasting and delicious! My mother’s famous dessert recipe has completed many holiday meals and makes a stunning summery cake. This works beautifully with strawberries as well.
- 1 (9 inch) angel food cake
- 2 (3 ounce) packages raspberry-flavored gelatin mix (such as Jell-O®)
- 1 ¼ cups boiling water
- 1 (15 ounce) package frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed and undrained
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 Butter a 9-inch tube pan. Break angel food cake into chunks; set aside.
- 2 Stir raspberry gelatin and boiling water together in a bowl until gelatin is dissolved; place gelatin in the refrigerator to cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Stir raspberries with syrup into gelatin.
- 3 Beat cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold whipped cream into raspberry mixture.
- 4 Pour about 1/4 cup of raspberry mixture into prepared pan. Place 1/3 of cake chunks into pan; pour 1/3 of remaining raspberry mixture over cake. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients, ending with the raspberry mixture. Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.
- 5 To remove from pan, center a serving plate over tube pan; invert.
- Calories 356.8
- Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Fat 18 g
- Fiber 2.4 g
- Protein 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11 g
- Sodium 335.2 mg
- Sugar 23.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.