- Published Mar 25th
- Ready In1h 45m
Herb-Roasted Cornish Hens Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Herb-Roasted Cornish Hens for 4 servings:
- 5 stalks celery
- 1 large onion, quartered - divided
- 1 lemon, quartered - divided
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, divided
- 4 Cornish game hens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch lemon pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Herb-Roasted Cornish Hens Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 15m
- Ready In1h 45m
To cook Herb-Roasted Cornish Hens, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Herb-Roasted Cornish Hens is about 1 hour 15 minutes , and you can serve your Herb-Roasted Cornish Hens within 1 hour 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Herb-Roasted Cornish Hens easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- 2 Arrange celery stalks next to each other in the bottom of a heavy roasting pan.
- 3 Place 1 onion quarter, 1 lemon quarter, and 1 sprig rosemary in the cavity of each hen. Rub outside of hens with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with salt and lemon pepper. Arrange hens atop celery; sprinkle with tarragon, basil, thyme, and chopped rosemary. Scatter garlic cloves and 1 chopped onion around hens.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 5 Whisk wine, broth, and 3 tablespoons olive oil together in a bowl; pour over hens.
- 6 Cook hens until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 50 more minutes, basting every 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Turn off oven and let hens rest in the oven for 10 more minutes.
Per Serving: 814 calories; 56 grams of fat; 17.5 grams of carbohydrates; 54.1 grams of protein; 303 milligrams of cholesterol; 374 milligrams of sodium.