Apple slices are covered with chopped peanuts, whipped cream, sprinkles, and strawberry-flavored syrup in this fun dessert nachos recipe.
- 3 red and/or green apples, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (9 ounce) package HERSHEY'S Cookies 'N' Creme Baking Pieces
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon desired sprinkles
- ½ (7 ounce) can whipped cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1 tablespoon HERSHEY'S Strawberry Flavored Syrup
- 1 Toss apples with lemon juice. Arrange on a serving platter or shallow serving dish.
- 2 In a small bowl combine 1 cup HERSHEY'S Cookies 'N' Creme Baking Pieces and shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil). Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. Microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred (the cookie pieces will not melt).
- 3 Drizzle melted chips over apples on the platter. Sprinkle with remaining HERSHEY'S Cookies 'N' Creme Baking Pieces, peanuts, and sprinkles. Garnish with whipped cream and add a cherry, if desired. Drizzle with HERSHEY'S Strawberry Flavored Syrup if desired, and serve immediately.
- Calories 215.1
- Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Fat 11.8 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Sodium 129.5 mg
- Sugar 7.7 g