This is a great tasting, high-fiber pasta dish with lots of fresh veggies. I cooked it for my family and co-workers and they absolutely loved it!
- 16 ounces multigrain farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook bow-tie pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in sausage and garlic and cook until sausage is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and stir in bell pepper; bring to a boil. Add cherry tomatoes and zucchini, cover, and cook for about 4 minutes.
- 3 Reduce heat to low and stir in Parmesan cheese, butter, adobo seasoning, oregano, and black pepper. Let simmer until sauce has thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta and serve.
- Calories 490.6
- Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.6 mg
- Fat 23.9 g
- Fiber 3.1 g
- Protein 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Sodium 1112.6 mg
- Sugar 1.7 g