- Published Feb 4th
- Ready In3h 30m
Holiday Leg of Lamb Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Holiday Leg of Lamb for 10 servings:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 5 pounds whole leg of lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 orange peel, cut into slivers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, or to taste
Holiday Leg of Lamb Cooking Instructions
- Ready In3h 30m
To cook Holiday Leg of Lamb, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Holiday Leg of Lamb is about 3 hours , and you can serve your Holiday Leg of Lamb within 3 hours 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Holiday Leg of Lamb easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2 In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, seasoned salt, marjoram, mustard and cardamom. Rub spice mixture over lamb. Cut 16 deep slits into roast. Insert thyme and a sliver of orange peel into each slit. Place lamb fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer in center of thickest portion of meat.
- 3 Roast lamb in preheated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Meat is medium done when a meat thermometer registers 175 degrees F. and is well done at 180 degrees F.
- 4 Remove meat thermometer. Place roast on a warm serving platter. Put a paper frill around end of leg bone and garnish platter with fresh mint.
Per Serving: 524 calories; 38.8 grams of fat; 0.4 grams of carbohydrates; 40.7 grams of protein; 156 milligrams of cholesterol; 451 milligrams of sodium.