When dining alone or in a pair for the holidays, a traditional meal can be overabundant and overwhelming. Try this one-dish traditional dinner instead.
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry bread stuffing mix
- 2 Cornish game hens
- 3 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 1 Prepare dry bread stuffing mix according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Using fingers, separate the skin and meat of the Cornish game hens, and rub 1 tablespoon seasoning salt into the meat of each hen. Rub remaining seasoning salt into the cavities of the hens. Stuff each cavity with about 1 1/2 cups prepared stuffing.
- 3 Place hens and green beans in an oven bag. Bake 80 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- 4 Drain hen drippings into a medium saucepan. Over medium heat, stir in flour until bubbly. Gradually mix in chicken broth. Stirring occasionally, cook until a thick gravy has formed.
- Calories 1212.4
- Carbohydrate 107.5 g
- Cholesterol 340.5 mg
- Fat 51.3 g
- Fiber 10 g
- Protein 73.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Sodium 6115 mg
- Sugar 15.1 g