- Published Jan 16th
- Ready In1h 15m
Holiday Oyster Stuffing Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Holiday Oyster Stuffing for 10 servings:
- 1 1/2 cups turkey broth
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 (6 ounce) package corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 pound ground beef (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pint shucked oysters, drained, or more if desired
- turkey giblets, cooked and chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Holiday Oyster Stuffing Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Holiday Oyster Stuffing, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Holiday Oyster Stuffing is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Holiday Oyster Stuffing within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Holiday Oyster Stuffing easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- 2 Bring the turkey broth to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, and melt the margarine in the broth. Stir in the stuffing mix until thoroughly combined. Transfer the stuffing to a large bowl. Stir in pork sausage, ground beef, onion, and egg until the mixture is well combined, and lightly mix in the oysters, turkey giblets, poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Transfer the oyster stuffing to the prepared baking dish, and cover dish with foil.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until the sausage and ground beef are cooked through and the stuffing is crisp and lightly browned, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note
- To make broth: Simmer the turkey giblets in a small saucepan of lightly salted water, uncovered, for about an hour; drain.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 391 calories; 23.2 grams of fat; 17.1 grams of carbohydrates; 26.9 grams of protein; 171 milligrams of cholesterol; 1059 milligrams of sodium.