- Published Aug 18th
- Ready In50m
Home Made Top Tarts! Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Home Made Top Tarts! for 8 servings:
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam, divided
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon colored decorating sugar, or as needed
Home Made Top Tarts! Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Home Made Top Tarts!, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Home Made Top Tarts! is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Home Made Top Tarts! within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Home Made Top Tarts! easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2 Unroll the pie crusts, place on a lightly floured work surface, and roll the crusts slightly with a rolling pin to square the edges. Cut each crust into 8 equal-sized rectangles. Place about 2 teaspoons of strawberry jam in the center of 8 squares, and spread the jam out to within 1/4 inch of the edge of the pastry square. Top each with another pastry square, and use a fork to crimp the squares together, sealing in the jam. Use a knife to trim the pastries, if desired. Move the filled pastries to the prepared baking sheets.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are lightly golden brown, about 7 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheets. Meanwhile, stir together the confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl to make a spreadable frosting. Spread the cooled tarts with frosting and sprinkle with colored sugar.
Per Serving: 398 calories; 16.3 grams of fat; 60.8 grams of carbohydrates; 3.1 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 255 milligrams of sodium.