- Published Aug 18th
- Ready In50m
I didn’t think anything could be better than a toasted store bought pastry tart in the morning–until I made these. Very, very easy to make! Kids (and adults) love them!
Home Made Top Tarts! Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Home Made Top Tarts! for 8 servings:
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam, divided
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon colored decorating sugar, or as needed
Home Made Top Tarts! Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Home Made Top Tarts!, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Home Made Top Tarts! is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Home Made Top Tarts! within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Home Made Top Tarts! easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2 Unroll the pie crusts, place on a lightly floured work surface, and roll the crusts slightly with a rolling pin to square the edges. Cut each crust into 8 equal-sized rectangles. Place about 2 teaspoons of strawberry jam in the center of 8 squares, and spread the jam out to within 1/4 inch of the edge of the pastry square. Top each with another pastry square, and use a fork to crimp the squares together, sealing in the jam. Use a knife to trim the pastries, if desired. Move the filled pastries to the prepared baking sheets.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are lightly golden brown, about 7 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheets. Meanwhile, stir together the confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl to make a spreadable frosting. Spread the cooled tarts with frosting and sprinkle with colored sugar.
Per Serving: 398 calories; 16.3 grams of fat; 60.8 grams of carbohydrates; 3.1 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 255 milligrams of sodium.