My boys and husband love this. Add some corn chips or Cheddar cheese and it is to die for. I have made this for my husband’s work and for church functions and it is always a winner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2 Transfer beef mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir in kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato puree, water, green chile peppers, chili powder, salt, cumin, and black pepper.
- 3 Cook on Low until flavors combine, 4 to 6 hours.
- Calories 273.7
- Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Fat 13.3 g
- Fiber 6.7 g
- Protein 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Sodium 959 mg
- Sugar 4.3 g