- Published Jul 17th
- Ready In50m
Homemade Granola Bars Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Homemade Granola Bars for 10 servings:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks (optional)
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds (optional)
Homemade Granola Bars Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Homemade Granola Bars, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Homemade Granola Bars is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Homemade Granola Bars within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Homemade Granola Bars easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread oats and walnuts onto a baking sheet.
- 2 Bake in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until oats and walnuts are lightly browned and fragrant, about 7 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and let oats and walnuts cool.
- 3 Combine cashew butter and honey in a skillet or saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until mixture is smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4 Mix oats, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, psyllium husks, and chia seeds together in a large bowl; add cashew butter mixture and stir using a spatula or wooden spoon until evenly mixed.
- 5 Line an 11x7-inch baking dish with enough parchment paper so that it hangs over the edges. Pour oat mixture into the dish, spreading and flattening until mixture is pressed well into the dish.
- 6 Refrigerate granola bars until solid, about 30 minutes (or freeze for 20 minutes). Cut into bars.
- Cook's Note:
- I would highly suggest not using oils when toasting your oats. The oats can absorb the oil, which can effect the flavor and texture of whatever you use them in. Nobody wants a soggy, oily granola bar.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 11.7 grams of fat; 25.1 grams of carbohydrates; 6.1 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 6 milligrams of sodium.