This is my mom’s special homemade lasagna recipe with made from scratch tomato sauce and delicious, cheesy filling. I have found none better anywhere. Serve with a leafy green salad and crusty garlic bread, if desired.
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- ½ pound ground pork
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup minced onion
- ⅓ teaspoon white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 pound small curd cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- 2 Place pork and beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oregano, onion, sugar, basil and salt. Simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 4 In a 9x13 inch baking dish, place 2 layers of noodles on the bottom of dish; layer 1/2 of the cheese mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the sauce; repeat layers.
- 5 Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting; serve.
- Calories 638
- Carbohydrate 54 g
- Cholesterol 160.8 mg
- Fat 27.2 g
- Fiber 4.5 g
- Protein 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Sodium 2053 mg
- Sugar 4.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.