- Published Sep 7th
- Ready In50m
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Homemade Macaroni and Cheese for 8 servings:
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp white Cheddar cheese (such as Cracker Barrel), shredded
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package processed cheese (such as Velveeta®), cubed
- 1 cup bread crumbs, or as needed
- 1 pinch paprika, or to taste (optional)
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Homemade Macaroni and Cheese, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Homemade Macaroni and Cheese is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Homemade Macaroni and Cheese within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Homemade Macaroni and Cheese easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 3 Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in flour, salt, and dry mustard and mix well. Return to heat; pour in milk, stirring constantly until mixture is simmering, thick, and smooth. Add white Cheddar cheese and processed cheese; stir occasionally until melted.
- 4 Pour cooked macaroni into a large baking dish, followed by sauce. Stir to combine. Top with bread crumbs. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until bread crumbs are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 541 calories; 22.4 grams of fat; 61.1 grams of carbohydrates; 22.8 grams of protein; 64 milligrams of cholesterol; 829 milligrams of sodium.