Make your very own Japanese miso soup from scratch. It’s easy to do at home! Perfect for an appetizer or light, warming lunch.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped wakame
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dashi granules
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- 4 ounces silken tofu, cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced on the bias
- 1 Place wakame in a fine-mesh sieve and soak in some cold water for 10 minutes.
- 2 Combine 4 cups water and dashi granules in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add miso paste and whisk to dissolve. Add wakame and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 3 Divide tofu between 4 serving bowls. Ladle miso soup on top and garnish with green onions.
- Calories 46.4
- Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Fat 1.6 g
- Fiber 0.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Sodium 514 mg
- Sugar 1.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.