Also known as beer cheese, a creamy spreadable cheese often found at bars and casual eateries. It’s also a good item to incorporate into a charcuterie or snack board. Serving suggestions are carrots, celery, crackers, crostini, pretzels, or pita chips.
- 2 fluid ounces lager beer at room temperature, or more if needed
- 10 ounces freshly grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder (such as Colman's®)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 To quickly remove any carbonation, pour the room temperature beer into a bowl, and whisk occasionally for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2 Combine Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, Worcestershire, mustard powder, garlic powder, and onion powder in a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are mixed.
- 3 Turn food processor to high and slowly pour in beer through the feed tube; blend until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add a bit more beer to reach your desired consistency.
- 4 Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped chives. Store in the fridge, tightly covered, for up to 10 days.
- Calories 269.2
- Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 70.1 mg
- Fat 22.5 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Protein 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Sodium 363.3 mg
- Sugar 0.7 g