- Published Aug 19th
- Ready In20m
Homemade Teriyaki Shrimp Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Homemade Teriyaki Shrimp for 4 servings:
- 1 pound frozen raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups steamed white rice
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
Homemade Teriyaki Shrimp Cooking Instructions
- Ready In20m
To cook Homemade Teriyaki Shrimp, you need about 5 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Homemade Teriyaki Shrimp is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Homemade Teriyaki Shrimp within 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Homemade Teriyaki Shrimp easily:
- 1 Place frozen shrimp in a single layer on a metal pan and set aside.
- 2 Combine coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil in a large skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3 Add shrimp to the boiling sauce in a single layer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and cook until shrimp curls into a "C" shape and changes color from white and pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4 Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl, stirring to remove lumps. Add slurry to the skillet and cook, stirring briskly, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Serve over hot cooked rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Cook's Note:
- If you are using regular soy sauce, use about 1/3 cup and increase the amount of sugar, to taste.
Per Serving: 391 calories; 12.7 grams of fat; 44.7 grams of carbohydrates; 21.3 grams of protein; 157 milligrams of cholesterol; 1251 milligrams of sodium.