Full of holiday flavor thanks to honey and molasses, these easy baked gingersnap cookies make a great gift or party dessert.
- 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 ½ tablespoons molasses
- 2 ½ tablespoons honey
- ½ cup turbinado sugar (such as Sugar in the Raw®)
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2 Combine flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- 3 Beat white sugar, butter, and egg together in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add molasses and honey and beat for 1 minute. Slowly beat in flour mixture to combine.
- 4 Combine turbinado sugar and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- 5 Roll dough into balls using a rounded teaspoon. Roll each in cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 10 minutes. Cool for 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Calories 79.6
- Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Fat 3 g
- Fiber 0.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Sodium 53.7 mg
- Sugar 7.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.