- Published Aug 14th
- Ready In20m
Honey Citrus Turkey Brine Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Honey Citrus Turkey Brine for 20 servings:
- 4 cups orange juice
- 2 cups water
- 4 (8 ounce) jars honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (7 pound) bags of ice, or as needed
Honey Citrus Turkey Brine Cooking Instructions
- Ready In20m
To cook Honey Citrus Turkey Brine, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Honey Citrus Turkey Brine is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Honey Citrus Turkey Brine within 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Honey Citrus Turkey Brine easily:
- 1 Place orange juice, water, honey, brown sugar, lemon, oranges, black pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic, and bay leaf in a large pot; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, 10 minutes. Remove from heat and gradually stir in ice to start chilling the brine.
- 2 Pour brine into a large bucket; add more ice to finish cooling.
- Cook's Note:
- Add your bird to the brine and cover with more ice for 24 hours. Remove bird and rinse thoroughly before cooking.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 0.2 grams of fat; 66.4 grams of carbohydrates; 0.8 gram of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 16 milligrams of sodium.