Nothing says summer like shrimp on the grill. This quick recipe will have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. Serve over rice, pasta, or a salad.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce (such as Bragg®)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 (1 inch) cubes fresh pineapple
- 8 (1 inch) pieces red bell pepper
- 2 each bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 1 Combine butter, honey, lemon juice, pineapple juice, garlic, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer until sauce begins to thicken, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside 1/2 of the sauce for dipping.
- 2 Thread pineapple, shrimp, and bell pepper alternately onto both skewers and baste with the remaining sauce.
- 3 Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat (400 degrees F (200 degrees C)) and lightly oil the grate.
- 4 Grill until shrimp are cooked through and opaque in color, turning halfway, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce.
- Calories 515.7
- Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Cholesterol 230.7 mg
- Fat 24.7 g
- Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Sodium 718.1 mg
- Sugar 49.6 g