- Published Mar 7th
- Ready In35m
My wife and I put together this recipe for an office Christmas party, and it got rave reviews. This side dish is easy to prepare and has a great taste.
Honey Glazed Carrots and Pears Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Honey Glazed Carrots and Pears for 12 servings:
- 3 Anjou pears, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or as needed
Honey Glazed Carrots and Pears Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Honey Glazed Carrots and Pears, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Honey Glazed Carrots and Pears is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Honey Glazed Carrots and Pears within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Honey Glazed Carrots and Pears easily:
- 1 Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add pears; cover and steam until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer pears to a bowl. Add carrots to steamer, cover, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes; add carrots to bowl with pears.
- 2 Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar has melted and glaze is slightly reduced, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3 Pour glaze over pears and carrots; toss to coat. Remove pears and carrots with a slotted spoon and transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with parsley.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the butter glaze ingredients. The actual amount of the glaze consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 227 calories; 15.7 grams of fat; 22.6 grams of carbohydrates; 1.4 gram of protein; 41 milligrams of cholesterol; 189 milligrams of sodium.