- Published Mar 5th
- Ready In50m
Honey-Glazed Ham Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Honey-Glazed Ham for 24 servings:
- 1 (12 pound) whole ham
- 8 ounces butter
- 2 cups honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
Honey-Glazed Ham Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Honey-Glazed Ham, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Honey-Glazed Ham is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Honey-Glazed Ham within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Honey-Glazed Ham easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Cut long, shallow lines around the surface of the ham in a crossing patter, scoring the ham to create a diamond pattern all over the outside of the ham. Place ham into a roasting pan.
- 3 Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium. Stir honey, brown sugar, red wine, and black pepper with the melted butter; cook and stir until ingredients blend into a glaze, about 10 minutes. Spread glaze in an even layer over the ham, reserving some of the glaze to apply while the ham roasts.
- 4 Cook ham in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), glazing every 10 minutes, 30 to 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 610 calories; 37.6 grams of fat; 28.4 grams of carbohydrates; 38.9 grams of protein; 131 milligrams of cholesterol; 2183 milligrams of sodium.