- Published Mar 21st
- Ready In30m
Honey Walnut Shrimp Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Honey Walnut Shrimp for 4 servings:
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
Honey Walnut Shrimp Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Honey Walnut Shrimp, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Honey Walnut Shrimp is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Honey Walnut Shrimp within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Honey Walnut Shrimp easily:
- 1 Stir together the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and place walnuts on a cookie sheet to dry.
- 2 Whip egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy. Stir in the mochiko until it has a pasty consistency. Heat the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium-high heat. Dip shrimp into the mochiko batter, and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 3 In a medium serving bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey and sweetened condensed milk. Add shrimp and toss to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle the candied walnuts on top and serve.
Per Serving: 605 calories; 26.3 grams of fat; 68 grams of carbohydrates; 26.1 grams of protein; 179 milligrams of cholesterol; 340 milligrams of sodium.