Hong Kong Style Chinese recipe! Crispy battered shrimp tossed in creamy sauce topped with sugar coated walnuts
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ½ cup walnuts
- 4 egg whites
- ⅓ cup mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1 Stir together the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and place walnuts on a cookie sheet to dry.
- 2 Whip egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy. Stir in the mochiko until it has a pasty consistency. Heat the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium-high heat. Dip shrimp into the mochiko batter, and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 3 In a medium serving bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey and sweetened condensed milk. Add shrimp and toss to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle the candied walnuts on top and serve.
- Calories 605.2
- Carbohydrate 68 g
- Cholesterol 179.4 mg
- Fat 26.3 g
- Fiber 1.5 g
- Protein 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Sodium 340.2 mg
- Sugar 45.2 g