- Published May 3rd
- Ready In40m
Hot and Sour Soup with Bean Sprouts Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Hot and Sour Soup with Bean Sprouts for 4 servings:
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 5 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1/2 pound firm tofu, cut into strips
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoot strips, drained
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, leaves picked from stems
- 1 egg, beaten
Hot and Sour Soup with Bean Sprouts Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Hot and Sour Soup with Bean Sprouts, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Hot and Sour Soup with Bean Sprouts is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Hot and Sour Soup with Bean Sprouts within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Hot and Sour Soup with Bean Sprouts easily:
- 1 Place the minced serrano and chicken broth into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium. Stir in the garlic and ginger, simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the shiitake mushrooms, tofu, and bamboo strips, simmer for 2 minutes to soften mushrooms.
- 2 Stir in the bean sprouts, tamari, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and black pepper; simmer for 1 minute to soften the bean sprouts.
- 3 Dissolve the cornstarch in the mirin, and stir into the simmering soup; cook for 30 seconds to thicken. Remove from heat and pour in beaten egg while stirring slowly. Ladle soup into bowls; garnish with green onion and cilantro leaves.
Per Serving: 131 calories; 4.3 grams of fat; 13.5 grams of carbohydrates; 9.7 grams of protein; 46 milligrams of cholesterol; 762 milligrams of sodium.