A dark and wild tasting stuffing that is sure to disappear quickly!
- 6 cups cubed pumpkin bread
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups chopped red onion
- 2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 Spread bread cubes on a baking sheet, and let dry overnight. Alternatively, heat in a 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) oven until dry, about 1 hour.
- 2 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
- 3 Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute celery and onions for about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms, and continue cooking for about 8 minutes, or until tender. Season with rosemary, tarragon, chives, parsley, salt, and pepper. Fold in bread cubes, and add enough broth to moisten. Transfer to prepared dish, and cover with foil.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove cover, and bake for 10 minutes, or until top is crisp.
- Calories 580.6
- Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Cholesterol 107.2 mg
- Fat 36.6 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Sodium 952 mg
- Sugar 2.1 g