This recipe just came to me this morning, simple but very aromatic, a very sweet-style French toast.
- 1 tablespoon butter, or as needed
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 12 thick slices Texas toast
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, or as needed
- 1 Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2 Whisk milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and allspice together in a large bowl. Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture to coat.
- 3 Place coated bread into skillet and cook until golden brown on 1 side, about 1 minute. Flip and continue cooking until second side is golden, about 1 minute more. Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining bread slices.
- 4 Sift confectioners' sugar over top of the French toast, slice diagonally, and serve.
- Calories 247.5
- Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Fat 6 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Sodium 368.1 mg
- Sugar 19.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.