- Published May 17th
- Ready In45m
This is an easy, authentic dish from South Asia that appeals to a wide range of tastes. The combination of ingredients may appear unusual, but even those shy to experiment with new flavors love this one. Vegan-friendly!
Indian Peanut Stew Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Indian Peanut Stew for 6 servings:
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chunky natural peanut butter
Indian Peanut Stew Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Indian Peanut Stew, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Indian Peanut Stew is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Indian Peanut Stew within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Indian Peanut Stew easily:
- 1 Place rice and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer until rice is tender and water has absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- 2 Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion, and cook until soft and golden, stirring frequently. Add garlic and ginger, and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, and season with cayenne pepper. Increase heat to medium, and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir in peanut butter and heat through. The mixture will thicken. Serve over rice.
Per Serving: 504 calories; 26.2 grams of fat; 54.6 grams of carbohydrates; 16.1 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 322 milligrams of sodium.