- Published Oct 1st
Indian Turkey Burgers With Lime, Cucumbers, and Chutney Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Indian Turkey Burgers With Lime, Cucumbers, and Chutney for 4 servings:
- 4 large unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Major Grey Chutney
- 4 small (4 inch) pita breads
Indian Turkey Burgers With Lime, Cucumbers, and Chutney Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Indian Turkey Burgers With Lime, Cucumbers, and Chutney easily:
- 1 Set garlic in a small skillet over medium-high heat; toast until spotty brown, about 5 minutes. Peel, mince and set aside.
- 2 Mix salt, pepper, coriander, 1/2 tsp. cumin, cinnamon and cloves in a small bowl.
- 3 Break up turkey in a medium bowl; add garlic, spinach, spice mixture, ginger and jalapeno; stir lightly with a fork to combine. Divide turkey mixture into 4 portions. Toss meat back and forth between cupped hands to form a ball. Pat with fingertips to flatten to about 4 1/2 inches wide. Refrigerate.
- 4 Mix cucumber, lime juice, 1/4 tsp. cumin and salt to taste in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5 For charcoal grill: Build a hot fire on one side of grill. Replace rack. When coals are covered with white ash, add burgers. Cover and cook, turning only once, until done, about 5 minutes per side.
- 6 Grill pitas until spotty brown and warm, a minute or so per side. Split crosswise. Place a burger on each of 4 pita halves. Top with cucumbers and chutney, then remaining pita halves.
- For gas grill
- About 20 minutes before serving, preheat grill with all burners on high for about 10 minutes. Use a wire brush to clean rack, then use tongs to wipe a rag soaked in vegetable oil over it. Close lid and let reheat. Add burgers; cook, covered, about 5 minutes per side for medium-well.
- Copyright 2005 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 357 calories; 12.8 grams of fat; 30 grams of carbohydrates; 30.9 grams of protein; 112 milligrams of cholesterol; 633 milligrams of sodium.