This is a great Instant Pot® recipe for cleaning out veggies from your fridge. I put in my recipe things that are always in my fridge but you can easily substitute the veggies and add cauliflower, celery, or zucchini, etc. Make sure you have at least a 6-quart pressure cooker.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped Yukon Gold potato
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained and diced
- ½ head cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
- 8 teaspoons vegetable bouillon base (such as Better Than Bouillon®)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function for medium heat. When the display reads "Hot," add olive oil to coat the bottom of the pot. Add beef, oregano, and thyme; cook and stir until browned, breaking it apart as it cooks, 5 to 7 minutes. Add carrot, potato, onion, and garlic. Cook to soften, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Turn off Saute mode.
- 2 Stir water, tomatoes with their juices, cabbage, vegetable base, salt, and pepper into the pot. Stir briefly together.
- 3 Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 4 Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions for 15 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid; stir. Serve while hot.
- Calories 237.1
- Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Fat 11.6 g
- Fiber 4.4 g
- Protein 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Sodium 626.9 mg
- Sugar 8.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.