- Published Nov 16th
- Ready In1h 30m
Instant Pot® Caldillo Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Instant Pot® Caldillo for 8 servings:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained (such as Hatch®)
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Instant Pot® Caldillo Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 5m
- Ready In1h 30m
To cook Instant Pot® Caldillo, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Instant Pot® Caldillo is about 1 hour 5 minutes , and you can serve your Instant Pot® Caldillo within 1 hour 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Instant Pot® Caldillo easily:
- 1 Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Heat olive oil and sear beef cubes until browned on all sides, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove browned beef from the pot and set aside. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Turn off Saute function.
- 2 Return beef to the pot with onions. Mix in beef broth, potatoes, diced tomatoes, green chiles, oregano, garlic, cumin, chipotle chile powder, chili powder, and pepper. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 45 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 3 Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 370 calories; 19.3 grams of fat; 25.4 grams of carbohydrates; 23.1 grams of protein; 63 milligrams of cholesterol; 920 milligrams of sodium.