When cold and flu season are upon us, this recipe always brings comfort when you are feeling a bit under the weather, or just want something that warms your tummy, but is not too heavy. Traditional stracciatella does not have the chicken or rice in it, but it adds a bit a substance when you want something light, but filling.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups diced rotisserie chicken meat
- ¼ cup long grain rice
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Combine chicken broth, chicken, and rice in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 4 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 2 Meanwhile, whisk eggs and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese together in a small bowl. Season with black pepper. Set aside.
- 3 Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Change pressure cooker setting to Saute. Pour egg mixture into the broth in a slow steady stream while whisking. Cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately and garnish with parsley.
- Calories 227.7
- Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 191.3 mg
- Fat 9.3 g
- Fiber 0.2 g
- Protein 22 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Sodium 1895.5 mg
- Sugar 2.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.