- Published Apr 18th
- Ready In1h 40m
Instant Pot® Chicken Biryani Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Instant Pot® Chicken Biryani:
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice
- 7 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 7 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons garam masala, divided
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 pods cardamom, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seed
- ¾ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 large red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red chile powder
Instant Pot® Chicken Biryani Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 40m
To cook Instant Pot® Chicken Biryani, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Instant Pot® Chicken Biryani is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Instant Pot® Chicken Biryani within 1 hour 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Instant Pot® Chicken Biryani easily:
- 1 Thoroughly rinse basmati rice in a strainer until water runs clear. Transfer rice to a bowl, add fresh water to cover, and set aside for 30 minutes.
- 2 Place chicken breast and chicken thigh pieces in a large bowl. Add Greek yogurt, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, salt, and pepper. Mix well to coat chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3 Drain rice and remove marinated chicken from the refrigerator. Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®), select Saute function, and add ghee. When ghee starts to bubble, add cloves, cardamom pods, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, coriander seed, mustard seed, and cumin seeds and saute until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sliced onion and cook, stirring often, until tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- 4 Add chicken and extra marinade to the cooker. Saute until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Turn off Saute function. Add rice, chicken stock, cilantro, mint, remaining 1 teaspoon garam masala, turmeric, paprika, and chili powder; stir until well mixed.
- 5 Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 6 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 6 Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
Per Serving: 499 calories; 62.8 g of carbohydrate; 84 mg of cholesterol; 16.6 g of fat; 2.7 g of fiber; 25.4 g of protein; 8 g of saturatedFat; 543 mg of sodium; 3 g of sugar;