This risotto with fresh corn and bacon is a quick to fix side dish thanks to the Instant Pot® and is very tasty as well! No stirring required.
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ cups chicken stock, divided, or more to taste
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels cut off
- ½ cup arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano, or to taste
- 1 pinch granulated garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add bacon to the hot pot and cook until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove bacon to a rack to drain. Add shallot and garlic to the pot and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Mix in 1 cup chicken stock. Stir in corn kernels, rice, and butter. Pour in remaining 1/4 cup chicken stock and white wine. Cancel Saute function.
- 2 Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 3 While risotto is cooking, chop bacon.
- 4 Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Add chopped bacon, Parmesan cheese, oregano, granulated garlic, and salt and stir until thoroughly combined. Add more chicken stock, 1 tablespoon at a time, if risotto is too dry.
- Calories 254.8
- Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.6 mg
- Fat 8.4 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Sodium 538.7 mg
- Sugar 2 g