- Published Nov 20th
- Ready In1h 10m
No pre-soaking beans required. I know it sounds strange, but my mother-in-law always added a can of pork and beans to her homemade bean soup and, seriously, it adds another layer of flavor.
Instant Pot® Double Bean and Ham Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Instant Pot® Double Bean and Ham Soup for 6 servings:
- 2 cups dry navy beans
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans, undrained
- 1 cup chopped ham
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Instant Pot® Double Bean and Ham Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 10m
To cook Instant Pot® Double Bean and Ham Soup, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Instant Pot® Double Bean and Ham Soup is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Instant Pot® Double Bean and Ham Soup within 1 hour 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Instant Pot® Double Bean and Ham Soup easily:
- 1 Put navy beans, chicken broth, water, tomatoes, carrots, onion, and celery into an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Seal pressure cooker and turn the venting knob to point at "Sealed." Press the "Manual" button for high pressure and set timer for 45 minutes. When countdown is complete, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 2 Remove lid, stir in pork and beans and ham. Season with salt and pepper.
Per Serving: 398 calories; 4.4 grams of fat; 67.6 grams of carbohydrates; 24.2 grams of protein; 18 milligrams of cholesterol; 1055 milligrams of sodium.