After experimenting for a while, we finally came up with a New York-style ricotta cheesecake that works perfectly in a 7-inch cheesecake pan that fits in an Instant Pot®. This recipe is great for a cheesecake that requires fewer ingredients, and a few people can enjoy it over a couple of days. It always tastes better on the second day. We have served it with cherries, raspberries, and strawberries on top, and whipped cream if we’re feeling indulgent.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreo®)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- ⅓ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅓ teaspoon lemon extract
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Coat a 7-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Place crushed cookies in the bottom and mix in melted butter until you have an even thickness of crust across the bottom. Cut parchment paper and place it around the rim, resting on top of the crust; this will help the cheesecake separate easily from the sides of the springform pan.
- 2 Mix ricotta, cream cheese, and sugar together. Add cornstarch, vanilla, flour, sour cream, almond extract, and lemon extract. Mix well. Add eggs, one at a time. Mix until just combined; don't overmix. Pour cheesecake batter into the crust.
- 3 Place a trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot®. Add 1 1/2 cups water. Place the springform pan into the Instant Pot® on top of the trivet. Close and lock the lid.
- 4 Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 40 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 5 Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes.
- 6 Let cool on a wire rack for 1 hour, then cover it and place it in the refrigerator to cool completely before serving.
- Calories 406.5
- Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Fat 21.5 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
- Protein 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Sodium 288.7 mg
- Sugar 33.7 g