Creamy, rich, warm, and delicious pretty much sums this up. If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers the next day, this onion dip makes a great hamburger topping. Go wild and add sauteed mushrooms!
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion, grated in food processor
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 Place trivet in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add water.
- 2 Combine grated onion, cream cheese, mayonnaise, Swiss cheese, steak sauce, and hot pepper sauce in a mixing bowl and transfer to a 1.5-quart round casserole dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place dish in the pressure cooker on top of the trivet. Close and lock the lid.
- 3 Turn on the pressure cooker and select Manual function. Set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 4 Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Carefully release remaining pressure manually, about 5 minutes. Remove the lid, pull casserole dish out, and remove aluminum foil.
- 5 Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler to high.
- 6 Place casserole dish under the preheated broiler and broil dip until brown and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Calories 128.6
- Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Fat 12.6 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Sodium 104.6 mg
- Sugar 0.5 g