- Published Nov 22nd
- Ready In1h 40m
Instant Pot® Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Instant Pot® Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots for 8 servings:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Dash freshly ground black pepper
Instant Pot® Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 20m
- Ready In1h 40m
To cook Instant Pot® Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Instant Pot® Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots is about 1 hour 20 minutes , and you can serve your Instant Pot® Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots within 1 hour 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Instant Pot® Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots easily:
- 1 Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Pour in 2 tablespoons oil. Add roast to hot oil and cook until browned all over, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Add broth.
- 2 Combine remaining oil, potatoes, carrots, onion, and soup mix in a resealable plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat evenly. Pour mixture into the pressure cooker and spread out evenly.
- 3 Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 60 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 4 Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- 5 Remove roast from pot and place on a serving platter, leaving drippings in the pot.
- 6 Select Saute function and bring drippings to a boil. Combine water and cornstarch in a bowl and add to drippings. Cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Season gravy with garlic salt and pepper.
- 7 Slice roast and serve with vegetables and gravy.
Per Serving: 323 calories; 15.6 grams of fat; 19 grams of carbohydrates; 25.7 grams of protein; 79 milligrams of cholesterol; 1005 milligrams of sodium.