I’m sure many can raise their hand when they’ve wanted a comforting casserole and their chicken is frozen. Relax. This recipe makes use of frozen chicken breasts… dinner will be ready fast thanks to a head start in the Instant Pot®!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as RO*TEL®)
- 2 (6 ounce) frozen chicken breasts
- 10 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can low-sodium cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- ½ teaspoon chicken seasoning salt (such as Chook®)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add in butter and onion and saute for about 3 minutes. Pour in diced tomatoes with liquid; mix to combine. Add frozen chicken breasts. Cancel Saute mode.
- 2 Close and lock the lid. Select High pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 3 Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Remove chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken back into the pot. Scatter noodles on top so they don't clump up.
- 4 Mix mushroom soup, chicken soup, and milk together in a bowl. Pour over noodles. Close and lock the lid. Select High pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 7 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 5 Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in taco seasoning and chicken seasoning salt.
- 6 Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Spray an 8x12-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 7 Transfer 1/2 of the spaghetti mixture to the casserole dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Add remaining spaghetti mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- 8 Broil in the preheated oven until the cheese is bubbling and golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Calories 374.8
- Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Cholesterol 63 mg
- Fat 16.3 g
- Fiber 2.6 g
- Protein 22 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Sodium 594.9 mg
- Sugar 2.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.