This soup is fast to make, uses minimal ingredients, and is great when served with sliced avocado. To speed prep even more, use salsa in place of the onion and RO*TEL®. If you want a thicker soup, omit the broth. Serve with tortilla chips is you like.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as RO*TEL®)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ¼ cup shredded Oaxaca cheese, or to taste
- 1 Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function to heat up the pot. Add ground beef and onion. Stir to break up ground beef into crumbles and cook until beef is browned, about 5 minutes. Drain as much excess grease as possible. Stir in black beans, corn, diced tomatoes and chiles, tomato sauce, beef broth, and taco seasoning. Mix until well combined. Cancel Saute mode.
- 2 Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 3 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 3 Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Serve soup with avocado slices and Oaxaca cheese.
- Calories 428.4
- Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Fat 21.3 g
- Fiber 12.1 g
- Protein 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Sodium 1518 mg
- Sugar 5.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.