It doesn’t get easier than this! Brown some meat, then toss in the rest of the ingredients and hit start! Feel free to adjust the heat level by adding more chipotle peppers and/or adobo sauce. The cocoa powder and cinnamon are ideas I got from my favorite chili seasoning available at a local spice shop – they really transform the dish! I like to top this with sour cream, green onion and shredded smoked cheddar.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- salt to taste
- 1 Combine chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, oregano, cocoa powder, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, and black pepper in a small bowl. Set seasoning mix aside.
- 2 Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Heat olive oil over high heat and brown ground turkey until crumbly, 3 to 4 minutes. Add onion and jalapeno and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, and seasoning mix. Mix to combine, scraping up any browned bits off the bottom of the pot. Close and lock the lid.
- 3 Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 4 Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir chili and adjust salt, if desired. Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Calories 246.5
- Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Fat 7.5 g
- Fiber 9.3 g
- Protein 19 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Sodium 1085 mg
- Sugar 6.4 g