- Published May 3rd
- Ready In1h 25m
Instant Pot® Vegan Borscht Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Instant Pot® Vegan Borscht for 12 servings:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, or as needed
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 8 cups water, divided
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, finely shredded
- 3/4 pound beets, grated
- 1/2 pound potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Instant Pot® Vegan Borscht Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 25m
To cook Instant Pot® Vegan Borscht, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Instant Pot® Vegan Borscht is about 55 minutes , and you can serve your Instant Pot® Vegan Borscht within 1 hour 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Instant Pot® Vegan Borscht easily:
- 1 Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add oil and onion. Cook, stirring often, until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add a splash of water to stop cooking.
- 2 Add 8 cups water, cabbage, beets, potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, bay leaves, salt, and pepper to the pot. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 40 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 3 Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Cook's Note:
- To serve, add maybe a tablespoon of vegan sour cream (I like Tofutti® in the white package). It's to be stirred before eating. It's optional though, and I often eat this borscht without it. Add some green onions or dill weed (optional). Another idea is to add some croutons. Eat borscht with bread; rye is authentic. Alternatively, I often toast some tortillas.
Per Serving: 56 calories; 1.3 gram of fat; 10.4 grams of carbohydrates; 1.6 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 52 milligrams of sodium.