Just because you choose a vegan diet, doesn’t mean food has to be bland. This soup cooks in an Instant Pot®, and is tasty even for those who have a normal diet.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup chopped shallots
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 3 ½ cups chopped potatoes
- 1 ¾ cups cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegan French onion dip (such as Kite Hill®)
- 2 ounces vegan soy cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add oil and heat until hot. Add shallots and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Pour in vegetable broth and add potatoes. Cancel Saute mode. Close and lock the lid.
- 2 Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 8 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 3 Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 8 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- 4 Meanwhile, stir together cashew beverage and flour in a small microwave-safe bowl until no lumps remain. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir into potato mixture. Use a potato masher to mash potatoes down to your preferred thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5 Mix in vegan French onion dip and stir until well combined. Ladle soup into 4 bowls and top with vegan Cheddar cheese and chives.
- Calories 340.5
- Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Fat 18.8 g
- Fiber 3.7 g
- Protein 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Sodium 920.2 mg
- Sugar 2.7 g