A new twist for mashed potatoes. I usually add a dash of onion and garlic powder. I also do a taste test prior to baking to see if they need more salt. Potatoes are combined with cream cheese, sour cream, chives, butter, and paprika…Delicious!!
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 pinch paprika, or more to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Place potatoes in a large pot of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- 3 Combine hot potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, and salt together in a large bowl. Mash until creamy.
- 4 Spoon potato mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with chives and paprika.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven until bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Calories 425
- Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.8 mg
- Fat 27.4 g
- Fiber 4.8 g
- Protein 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Sodium 337.9 mg
- Sugar 1.8 g