- Published Apr 2nd
- Ready In1h 35m
Irish Shortbread (Wheat Free Edition) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Irish Shortbread (Wheat Free Edition) for 28 servings:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups rye flour
- ½ cup corn flour
- colored decorating sugar (optional)
Irish Shortbread (Wheat Free Edition) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 35m
To cook Irish Shortbread (Wheat Free Edition), you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Irish Shortbread (Wheat Free Edition) is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Irish Shortbread (Wheat Free Edition) within 1 hour 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Irish Shortbread (Wheat Free Edition) easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line 2 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- 2 Place the butter and sugar into a bowl, and mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture is soft, creamy, and thoroughly blended. Stir in the rye and corn flours, and divide the dough into 2 pieces. Press each piece of dough evenly into a prepared cake pan. Using a fork, prick 7 or 8 rows of shallow little holes into the top of each cake. Sprinkle the tops of the cakes with colored sugar, if desired.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until the tops of the cakes are golden brown, and the edges turn a slightly darker brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 4 Cut each shortbread into 8 wedges while still warm; cool and store in a tightly sealed cookie tin or container lined with parchment or waxed paper.
Per Serving: 433 calories; 54.5 g of carbohydrate; 61 mg of cholesterol; 23.5 g of fat; 3.9 g of fiber; 2.9 g of protein; 14.6 g of saturatedFat; 172 mg of sodium; 28 g of sugar;