This recipe is dedicated to the memory of my Grandmother, who taught me to make it. It is a snack sure to please, and can be made in under 30 minutes.
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 12 slices white sandwich bread
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 In a medium-sized bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and parsley; set aside.
- 2 Slice the mozzarella into 12 rounds. Make 6 sandwiches with the bread and mozzarella, dip each sandwich in egg mixture.
- 3 In a large skillet, lightly saute garlic in oil, then remove and discard garlic. Fry dipped sandwiches in the oil. When the sandwiches are browned, cut them into quarters on the diagonal and serve warm.
- Calories 165.1
- Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 105 mg
- Fat 8.9 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Sodium 258.4 mg
- Sugar 2.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.