My Italian grandmother’s favorite.
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup white sugar
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, or as needed
- 4 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, or as needed
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2 Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir pine nuts in the hot skillet until toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- 3 Beat white sugar and butter together in a large bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat eggs, 1 at a time, into creamed butter mixture, beating well after each addition. Whisk flour and baking powder in a separate bowl; stir into creamed butter mixture until dough is just mixed. Fold pine nuts into dough.
- 4 Spread corn flakes into a shallow baking dish. Form dough into balls, about 1 tablespoon per cookie; roll each in the corn flakes, pressing gently to coat. Arrange cookies, 1-inch apart, on the prepared baking sheets.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 23 minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheets and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Calories 185.5
- Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Fat 8.9 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Sodium 64 mg
- Sugar 9.4 g