- Published Jun 15th
- Ready In55m
Jackie’s Old-Fashioned Raspberry Crisp Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Jackie’s Old-Fashioned Raspberry Crisp for 8 servings:
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/4 cup water, or as needed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
Jackie’s Old-Fashioned Raspberry Crisp Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Jackie’s Old-Fashioned Raspberry Crisp, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Jackie’s Old-Fashioned Raspberry Crisp is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Jackie’s Old-Fashioned Raspberry Crisp within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Jackie’s Old-Fashioned Raspberry Crisp easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- 2 Crush 1 cup raspberries with a fork. Place crushed berries in a 1-cup liquid measuring cup and add enough water to bring back to 1 full cup.
- 3 Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in raspberry-water mixture and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in remaining 3 cups raspberries; remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 4 Meanwhile, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and baking soda in a bowl. Cut in butter with 2 knives or a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5 Press 1/2 of the crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread the raspberry mixture on top and sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You may use margarine in place of butter, if preferred.
Per Serving: 441 calories; 13.2 grams of fat; 78.6 grams of carbohydrates; 4.7 grams of protein; 31 milligrams of cholesterol; 170 milligrams of sodium.