This has also been called shepherds pie. I love the colors, and it’s easy. Another family pleaser. Ground beef layered with mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas
- ½ pound processed cheese food, sliced
- 4 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the beef and onion for 5 to 10 minutes, or until meat is browned. Drain excess fat and place this mixture in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 3 Layer the green beans, carrots, corn and peas over the beef mixture. Place the cheese over the vegetables.
- 4 Prepare the potatoes according to package directions, but add some extra milk or water to make it a little runny. Cover the entire casserole with the potatoes.
- 5 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until potatoes get slightly crusty and the sides of the dish are bubbly.
- Calories 966.1
- Carbohydrate 77.4 g
- Cholesterol 137 mg
- Fat 55.6 g
- Fiber 11 g
- Protein 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Sodium 1697.1 mg
- Sugar 13.6 g