Shortbread jalapeno cookies are sweet and tangy, with just a little burn at the end.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh jalapeno
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ tablespoon grated fresh jalapeno, or more to taste
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Mix flour, butter, sugar, jalapeno, lime zest and juice, and salt together in a large bowl.
- 3 Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets; flatten slightly with a thumb print to accommodate icing.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until golden and set, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove cookies from the oven and let cool at least 10 minutes.
- 5 Combine confectioners' sugar, lime juice, jalapeno, and lime zest in a bowl. Drizzle icing onto cooled cookies.
- Calories 150
- Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Fat 7.8 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Sodium 103.4 mg
- Sugar 10.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.