- Published Sep 9th
- Ready In35m
Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes for 5 servings:
- 5 red potatoes, cubed
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, or more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes easily:
- 1 Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and transfer potatoes to a large bowl.
- 2 Melt 1/4 cup butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir green onions, jalapeno pepper, and garlic until soft and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Mix green onion mixture and cream cheese together in a bowl; add remaining 1/4 cup butter and stir until butter melts. Add sour cream and mix well.
- 3 Mix cream cheese mixture with the potatoes using a potato masher until most of the lumps are gone; season with salt.
Per Serving: 324 calories; 31.1 grams of fat; 9.3 grams of carbohydrates; 3.7 grams of protein; 84 milligrams of cholesterol; 245 milligrams of sodium.