I’ve always loved jalapeno poppers and had some chicken breasts I needed to use up. I came up with this recipe and fell in love with it.
- 1 sleeve buttery round crackers (such as Ritz®), crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cold cream cheese, cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons finely diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x11-inch baking dish.
- 2 Combine crushed crackers, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Place bread crumbs in a second bowl. Pour beaten eggs into a third bowl.
- 3 Pound each chicken breast with a tenderizer until thin. Place two strips of cream cheese and 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno on top of each breast. Fold together and dip in egg, bread crumbs, egg, and crackers in that order. Place in the prepared baking dish and secure with toothpicks or kitchen twine.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Calories 612
- Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Cholesterol 219.2 mg
- Fat 34 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Protein 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Sodium 750.1 mg
- Sugar 4 g